Old May 17th 07, 05:55 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_2_]

Default marital life post partum

Sorry to hear this, problem is, I'm in the same place as you, but an awful
lot longer post partum and it is really putting strain on my marriage. I
plan to go to the OB/GYN and get my hormone levels checked and a few other
things. At your stage, I've heard an oestrogen cream can help, but I think
you also need to make an effort and almost force yourself to do it, this is
very hard if baby isn't sleeping well, but hopefully, there is sometime in
the evening you know you will have to yourself, get a bottle of wine, some
luxury food and a romantic film or TV show you'll both enjoy, commit to
initiating sex after, but don't tell your partner. Then do it and enjoy. I
have had some sucess with this method, but it's getting harder, partly
because I don't get to the point of enjoying it until very shortly before
climax (looking on the bright side though, at least I get that!), partly
because sex is always painful afterwards and sometimes during and this is
musculoskeletal, so not something that can be fixed by a cream or something.

Personally I think you have to try hard, but also your husband has to
understand that your hormone balance is not normal and things may be
difficult for you, but you will get it back, I was disappointed to conceive
our 2nd so easily as it had been such fun in the run up to that and I don't
do well with sex in pregnancy.

Anne