Old May 18th 07, 07:08 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Default marital life post partum

Sorry to keep adding to my own posts -- if you and dh can begin to alternate
bedtimes with the kids, that would also have the added benefit of lessening
your load, and that alone might help you feel more frisky!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
. ..
Another idea -- my dh and I alternate bedtime with the girls. Our bedtime
routines are pretty simple -- tooth brushing, potty, change into jammies,
a couple stories, a few rocks in the chair with Addie and a quick cuddle
in the bed with Taylor and we're done. It probably takes 15-20 minutes,
give or take. Our deal for the most part is whoever is not doing bedtime
does a little tidy up in the family room or kitchen, (although honestly
speaking, he tends to hold up his end of that deal less often than I do).

But, you guys could start a similar deal, except sometimes instead of
tidying up in the family room, the other person could be setting up date
night. Lighting a few candles in the bedroom, putting on some music,
opening a bottle of wine or a couple beers or ice tea or whatever you
like, etc. You would both know ahead of time, not only that this was a
date night, but that it was your turn to set up, or dh's, and that would
create some anticipation and excitement for both of you -- for one, in
setting the scene and thinking about the upcoming event, you help turn
yourself on, as we know that so much of sexuality is in our minds. For
the other, the excitement of now knowing exactly what was being set up
that night.

Also, maybe you pick up a new cute little nighty or bra and panties,
whatever. I just got a cute slip style nighty at Mervyn's on sale for
like $15-20, so it wasn't a huge extravagent outlay. And yet the newness
of it worked wonders for dh and I -- me for the excitement to surprise dh
and wear something new and sexy, and for dh due to the surprise of finding
me waiting for him wearing it. Just so you know, it's not like dh and I
are going at it like bunnies all the time, swinging from the chandalliers,
but we are both making more of an effort to connect physically more often.
In the past we've easily gone weeks and weeks and weeks without, but we
are both happier when we connect at least once a week, sometimes more
(sometimes less, but we're working on it!)

Anyway, it's great that you had such a good talk. Keep them coming!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

"Anna.Nicole.m" wrote in message
oups.com...
We had a great talk last night. And I think I got through to him that
from the time I wake up in the morning until I put Neil to sleep at
night I have someone that needs me. and I have to do it all the
time. I then told him how about at night when I am putting Neil to
bed which takes anywhere from 20-35 minutes how about he creates an
ambiance for me to come down too. I think it's not that I don't want
to have sex I think it's more I don't want to have to think about it.
like plan where and how to. so I think he'll take this and run with
it. either way the no sex is now on his plate. :-)