Old June 13th 04, 02:26 PM
Fletch F. Fletch

R. Steve Walz wrote:
Fletch F. Fletch wrote:

R. Steve Walz wrote:
Fletch F. Fletch wrote:

R. Steve Walz wrote:

Okay, I presume that means 'yes' to the large scale question.
How do you know it is actual human nature?
---------------------
Do you want to be stolen from, or do you think people should be
equal? Steve

I don't think that 'should be' enters into it. People are not
equal.
----------------------
Right, and becaause they are not, they need protection of the
State to cause them to be before the law and moral fairness.

Whatever the metric, some are better than others. Whether this
inequality is fair or unfair is arbitrary, but it is reality
nonetheless.
-------------------------
Actually, since these "some" don't constitute any majority, there
is no supposed "authority" to declare some minority to be
"better" than anyone else. The Majority can indeed resolve to
make the compensation of everyone equal per labor hour, and to
believe in the requirement of fairness in the economic life of
the nation. That any one group or any other bunch of people might
think that some minority of people are more fulfilled in their
promise than another, is totally and entirely irrelevant to that,
however it is understood. We all appreciate geniuses as well, but
we don't elect them dictator or make them the slave-master over
everyone else.

Your belief that every person is entitled to his fair share is as
valid as any other belief, but I don't think it comports well
with the competitive nature of our species, at least not on a
large scale. Fletch
It is the ONLY reasonable belief for a majority of people to have
and to demand politically, because it is most in each individual
person's interest, as opposed to the option of each person
deciding to vote to give their life's labor and all power away to
one king, slave-master, dictator, or other minority!
Steve

I must say that I agree with none of your conclusions.
-------------------------
Meaning you can't fault them logically anymore.

Not at all. Meaning that they don't seem logical to me,

----------------
"Seem" doesn't count, you have to specify why and allow me to
make it self-destruct before your eyes, if I can, and I CAN!

and you really seem to have your heels dug in on them.

----------------
Only because they defend themselves perfectly for me.

To be honest, on this issue, you seem
like an outlier, almost to the point of being a loon.

---------------
Such an opinion without logic is merely prating bull****
to distract people from the fact that you're making no sense
and cannot actually bring any cricism to bear of my concepts.

Make logical sense about an issue, or admit defeat.

Of course, in some
posts, you seem very reasonable. But, I see no point in arguing
this issue further with you. I am getting nothing from it.

-----------------
You certainly won't win or lose without playing your hand.

You have managed never to make even one single argument
of the form: "I think this is true and why, and I think
your idea here is wrong and why.", and then deal with the
result. You don't because you sense quite correctly what
WILL HAPPEN! I will wipe the ****ing floor with you.

You're a ****ing coward, and you know you'll LOSE BIG TIME,
so you're just trying to distract people from that fact.
Steve

I have read your posts for a while now and the only thing you have convinced
me of is that you are very angry. You tend to rant, and seem to sway no
one. If you have some strong logical arguments, go ahead and make them if
you wish. I will not blow them off. I will read them, think about them,
and respond. That is the best I can do with you, because the whole
'coward', 'wipe the ****ing floor' thing is getting increasingly boring.
You seem to be under the impression that you are scaring me. Disabuse
yourself of that.

Slainte,
Fletch