Old November 20th 03, 07:41 PM
dragonlady

Default Children's weight issues for dieting Mum

In article ,
"Kate Rambo" wrote:

"dragonlady" wrote in message
In article ,

And how can I acquire it?

It's really funny--I've cut out starches (almost completely) and have
reduced my symptoms of IBS *and* lost 25 pounds since the end of August.
But why I've been overweight since college if ( and this may be a big if) I
can't use starches is a mystery to me.

(No, that's a joke -- I have a great deal of sympathy for how hard it
must be to try to put weight ON, since I know how hard it is to keep it
OFF. From my point of view, it just sounds more enjoyable. One of my
brothers was a very skinny child, and I remember some of the things Mom
had to go through to try to keep his diet calorically dense.)

The hardest part is knowing that you are feeding your child and he/she is
still tiny. I had someone threaten to call family services on me because I
was obviously starving my child (while he was sitting in his stroller and
eating).

I assume that your brother eventually grew. Even though I was very small
(30 pounds at 4), I certainly seem to have caught up in college ( I grew 3.5
inches).

Kate R.

Yep -- over six feet, and struggles with being overweight. (He
literally grew an inch a month for one year -- a full foot in 12 months.)

All of us were on the underweight side until we hit adolescence -- since
then, four of the six of us have struggled with being overweight. My
Mom was the same. Dad jokes that when he met mom, she was a perfect 36
-- 12/12/12 -- and that he got her pregnant so she'd have SOME shape.
(She was only 15 at the time.) I'm not sure how old she was when she
started struggling with being overweight.

meh