Old September 5th 07, 10:42 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Akuvikate

Default pancreatic enzymes in colitis?

Anyone know of any research on giving mom pancreatic enzymes to help
babies with bloody stools despite mom attempting an elimination diet?
I found one study from 1999 in the Journal of Pediatric
Gastroenterology & Nutrition but it had a whopping 4 patients and is
nearly 10 years old. It would seem sensible to follow this up with a
stronger study but I haven't found anything. I have a patient with
this problem and though part of the problem may have been not giving
the elimination diet sufficient time to work, would be interested in
this possibility. As I suspect it would involve a battle to get the
enzymes covered (I believe they're a pretty expensive drug) I would
need to have some evidence to back me up.

Kate, ignorant foot soldier of the medical cartel
and the Bug, 4 years old