Old September 6th 07, 12:20 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Beth Kevles

Default pancreatic enzymes in colitis?

For bloody stools ... figure about one week for the allergen to clear
mom's system, one week to clear the baby's system, and one final week
for the baby's gut to heal. So a 3-week elimination is definitive.

For your Spanish-speaking mom, it might help to give her a list of
"safe" foods to eat during this period. If you email me the list of
things she's eliminating (bethkevles at aol dot com) I'll see if I can
put something together for you.

By the way, is the list created from common infant allergens or does it
have a specific basis in her personal food history?

--Beth Kevles

like me to reply.