Old October 8th 06, 05:56 AM posted to alt.mens-rights,alt.child-support,alt.support.divorce
teachrmama

Default Things to think of before you get married again..

"Fred" wrote in message
. net...
teachrmama wrote:

Second question: If it is reasonable for a man to know *all* the
potential consequences of his actions, is it any less reasonable for
women to also know, which negates abortion on demand as a reasonable
response to accidental pregnancy?
Your bigotry is getting in the way again.

Abortion *is* one of the potential consequences.

No it isn't!

Sure it is! Your bigotry is distorting your understanding of the nature of
consequences.

Pregnancy can be a consequence of having sex.

And abortion can be a consequence of pregnancy.

NO, abortion is a CHOICE! A choice made by the woman who has found out
about the consequence of sex called pregnancy. It is not a consequence.

Doesn't have to be, but
it can be. It's one a of a range of possible consequences of pregnancy,
others of which are adoption and carrying to term. All are consequences.

No, they are not. They are choices. Far different from consequnecse.

If your bigotry were not clouding your judgment, you'd know that.

If your foolishness were not clouding your judgement you would realize that
choices and consequences are different.

And if he opposes abortion, then he had better be careful not to
contribute to the conditions where abortion becomes a possible
consequence.

Choice

He can do that by keeping it in his pants. He can do that
by sheathing it in a condom. He can do that by ... wait for it ... being
responsible. What he can't do is to leave his semen lying around where it
can cause who knows what consequences, then disavow any and all
responsibility for those consequences, as in the sanctimonious statement
that I read from time to time, something like "her body, her choice, her
responsibility", to which I say, "His semen, his choice, his
responsibility."

What does any of that have to do with the fact that abortion is a choice?

And how about doing away with the whining whimper of HE got me pregnant.
How about convincing women to say "I stripped outa my panties and screwed my
brains out and now I am pregnant and have to make a choice of how to deal
with this consequence of my foolish behavior." rather than always blaming
the man. Do you think that, also, might be an improvement?

How much is a condom?
Less than a dollar; how reliable are they?
If you're concerned, then be responsible in your area of responsibility,
because, at the end of the day, you are responsible for where your semen
ends up, because it's *your* semen. If you don't want it to be
somewhere, don't put it there.

And if it his semen, then 50% of the product is also his. So 50/50 joint
custody should be the norm---not the CP/NCP nonsense we have today.

I agree. Both parties are responsible for their actions.

And both should have the honor and privilege of raising the child, INCLUDUNG
providing for the financial needs of raising the child--no more "but I'm
just a poor little woman who was impregnated by that bad old man and now he
OWES me."