Old July 26th 05, 10:32 PM
Bob Whiteside

"Kenneth S." wrote in message
Once again, a supposedly-neutral reporter uses the term "parents" in
regard to those who have to pay child support. I'll bet there are very

few,
if any, mothers among this group of "parents." In any other circumstances
where there was such a marked discrepancy between the two sexes, there

would
be some mention of it. In this case, there's none.

The use of the term "parents" is one way that CS bureaucrats avoid
having to answer the question of why such Draconian measures are being

used
in the enforcement of a payment made almost exclusively by men to women.

In
my view, one of the first steps to getting reform of this whole rotten and
corrupt system is to expose it for what it is. The use of the term

"parent"
instead of "father" is one of the most effective ways of preventing this
exposure.

As usual when these types of stories are covered in the media they peak my
curiosity as to why the bureaucrats are crowing about what they are doing.
I always go look at the state box score on the federal OCSE web site to
determine if they are covering up something with a preemptive press release
that delivers "good news."

Sure enough, PA has some dirty laundry. The '04 caseload was down 4.0%,
collections were up 1.1%, and full time employment in CSE was up 7.1%. Cost
of running the state CSE was down 1.8% to $202.1 million.

So the questions the press should ask a

1. If the caseload has declined 4.0%, why is CSE employment up 7.1%?
2. If employment is up 7.1%, why are collections only up 1.1%?
3. Why does it take more employees to collect essentially the same amount
of CS money?
4. Why are collections per employee declining?
5. How much of the $15 million is welfare reimbursement money?
6. If Buck County were to collect all of the $15 million they claim is due,
how much will it cost to reach that goal?