Old October 22nd 03, 08:29 PM
Ilse Witch

Default Safely into 2nd trimester?

Jill wrote:
At what point do you feel like you are safely into your second trimester?
For example, I don't know how accurate a sonogram is in telling you "you are
8 weeks along today" etc, but if this makes sense I am wondering when you
can officially feel you are in your 2nd trimester?

Mathematically, a trimester is a third of your total pregancy period, so
that would be 14 weeks. However, some doctors take 12 weeks as a limit,
since that is when all of the baby's organs are present in a very
rudimentary state. Before that, they are still being build, so to speak,
after that, they only have to grow bigger and better.

So if you need medication and start in your second trimester, you can
start to build up between 12 and 14 weeks, but I'd always do that under
medical supervision.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (15m)