Old July 13th 06, 04:49 PM posted to rec.scouting.usa,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions,rec.arts.books.childrens
Wendy E. Betts

Default New Book Revives Lost Notions of Boyhood

In article . com,
wrote:
When I was young I used to go out and play in streams, ponds, and the
like. By myself.

I took my son to the river to do a bit of pond-dipping.

His mother made me take chemical disinfectant to wash his hands
afterwards!

That stuff might well be mroe dangerous than the pond. :-\
--
My son reviews _Come Back, Amelia Bedelia_:
"This book is scary, because it's about creampuffs."