Old February 22nd 04, 10:38 AM
Cheryl

Default info on inductions

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 17:54:01 +1300, "Amy"
wrote:

Hyperventilating, hyperventilating....
Arrrrgghhh!
I can't cope with labouring on my back with continual EFM! Or the
possibility of uterine rupture!
But I also can't deal with two more weeks in which another of my babies
could be stillborn!
*Bangs head against wall*
Can someone please wave their magic wand and pop this baby out on cue at 38
weeks?

Continuous EFM doesn't have to be a big deal. It doesn't have to tie
you to the bed or to labouring on your back. I had continuous EFM
with #2 due to an induction at 38 weeks and I spent most of my labour
walking around (albeit on a fairly tight leash) and upright until I
felt like climbing onto the bed for transition. Talk to your care
providers because they can often bend the "rules" for people who ask
and know what they are talking about.
--
Cheryl
Mum to DS#1 (11 Mar 99), DS#2 (4 Oct 00)