Old May 7th 08, 03:31 PM posted to misc.kids
Rosalie B.

Default Birthday parties

Nan wrote:

(sheepish grin)

Okay, the thread about pinatas got me thinking.

My 8 year old has yet to have a "real" birthday party. Her bday is
Feb. 14 so we've always just had the 4 of us do cake and presents
since there is no extended family around.

snip
I have a few ideas for games like Pin the Tail and a balloon race
(where the kids run to sit on a balloon and pop it). I'm asking you
thoughtful folks for some ideas on games. Simple games are best, imo.

I don't want to over-script a party. I envision having the games to
play but if they all want to just play among themselves, I'll go with
whatever.

So.... what games did you play at parties as kids, and most
importantly, did you like or dislike them?

Thanks :-)

I remember one birthday party of my sisters - my mom hired a pony and
cart. I vaguely remember pin-the-tail on the donkey type games, but
that's all I remember.

My daughter had a multipurpose party one year (around Memorial Day in
Florida c 1999) and I was there at the time - it was a graduation from
law school party for her husband, a birthday party for her son and
possibly a housewarming. She invited family, neighbors, work-mates
and her son's school friends.

The birthday party people were invited for the afternoon. She had a
jungle gym in the yard and a pool and she hired a bouncy house. They
also had hundreds of water balloons. She ordered pizza for the kids
and then there was cake. The adult party was in the evening of the
same day and they had BBQ.

Last year for this kid (13th bday) he invited some friends and they
went out to Stiltsville and fished and played in the water.