Old April 1st 04, 03:32 PM
Nikki

Default Aspirin being prescribed in Third Trimester

Kelly wrote:

Has anyone had any experience with taking aspirin in the third
trimester?? Is it normal to increase blood flow through the placenta??

I took a baby aspirin all throughout my pregnancy because I had borderline
high blood pressure. I also had additional tests to monitor the placenta
and growth of the baby. In my case some people believe that a baby aspirin
reduces the risk of the high blood pressure turning into pre-eclempsia but I
think the jury is still out on that one. IUGR can also be associated with
high blood pressure and I *think* that is related to the function of the
placenta. The aspirin thins the blood with the hopes that the placenta
will get more and therefore function better.

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)