Old July 23rd 05, 03:58 AM
dragonlady

In article ,
"dejablues" wrote:

"Rene" wrote in message
news
Hello
does anyone know about where I can purchase a soft helmet for my 9 month

old
baby - he sits and sometimes when too into his toys he fall backwards and
hit his head.
thank you for any info

If you really think you need one, companies that sell adaptive devices for
handicapped people ,like www.danmarproducts.com or
http://www.plument.com/protectacap.htm carry them. Jolly Jumper makes them
also. I bet they're expensive and quickly outgrown.

Little kids' heads are made to take bumps and bruises...chances are he'll
be ok!

Mostly, babies bounce well. Even when they don't, they tend to recover
quickly. It would take much more than falling over while sitting -- or
even standing -- to do serious damage.

When my oldest was just starting to sit up, *I* fell while carrying her
on a sidewalk: I thought it was level, and didn't see a step down.
From that -- figure about a 5 foot drop to cement -- she DID end up with
a skull fracture. However, her recovery was quick, and there were no
lasting effects. (Well, for her -- it took ME longer to get over having
dropped my baby!)