Old March 15th 04, 12:32 PM
Banty

Default Finding A Cause

In article , honeybee says...

My granddaughter doesn't seem to be able to figure out what it is that
I am pointing at. She is 7 yrs old. She is a bright child (top of her
class). When I point out something in the room or even further away,
asking her to look at it or see something interesting that I want to
bring to her attention, she cannot seem to see where I am pointing.
What is this problem? She has trouble finding things that she's
misplaced too.

I remember a couple of people being frustrated with me as a child not following
their pointing also. I came to the conclusion that the thing was that they
didn't understand the difference in physicial perspective (what you see when you
point is different spatially from what someone else sees when they follow *your*
finger), and that I was too outspoken and concrete-thinking a child to either
compensate for the difference on my own or to pretend that I did know what was
being pointed at.

Banty