Old November 24th 03, 05:53 PM
Jenn

Default infant and new carpet?

In article ,
"Jay" wrote:

Thank you everyone for the response. I spoke to my pediatrician and also the
carpet company and this is what I got: Generally, if they use glue to put
the carpet, it may be harmful especially to people with respiratory
problems. Anyway, my guy is not using glue at all - so it should be safe.

Jay

the formaldehyde outgassing occurs, glue or not -- I'd sure do a lot of
ventilating with windows open and certainly not put a baby down on it
for a few weeks ---

"Jay" wrote in message
. com...
I am getting a new carpet in my new apartment sometime early next week.

Lets
say, I will have 3 days between the new carpet installation and baby
crawling on it.

Q. I have heard concerns about new carpet fumes being harmful to infants,
etc.. I am wondering if it is really "harmful" or just offensive odor. Is
this something I should be concerned about? Any tips will be helpful too.

Thanks,
Jay