Old July 22nd 03, 01:37 AM
Betsy

Default help me keep my son from perpetuating the cycle of abuse (very long)

In ,
Paul Fritz typed:
"Betsy" wrote in message
m...
In news:ME_Sa.103368$GL4.27241@rwcrnsc53,
typed:
Karen O'Mara wrote:
"Tiffany" wrote in message
Err... here we go again. To me, no name calling is ok but I can't
control what Roy types or what Paul types nor would I want to.
There is no one to be at fault here. You have name called also
though, maybe not using b---- but you called Paul a women abuser
which is pretty harsh. More so then being a bitch as most women
confess to being a bitch. You are dealing with alot right now....
why make it worse by dealing with negative posts?

Negative *anything* avoid like the plague now, Lorian. Goodness
gracious, you want to pop a vein or something?

Think, feel, live positive. Surround yourself with positivity. Some
stuff you can't avoid, I know.

Karen

yeah, I know, I should have known that although these newsgroup
regulars are my longtime friends, I forgot how they cosign the
bull**** of men who choose to attack me when I am down. How could I
forget? And yes you ignore trolls but you do NOT ignore threats to
your real life nor do I allow people to call me names and go
unchallenged not in real life and not online. That would be stupid
to not defend myself and people who have not been abused don't
understand that so I will not accept condemnation from them. They
are just cowards who would rather blame the victim than stand up to
the bully.

Whenever you disagree with someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, if they get mad, you are a mile away and you have their
shoes.

Okay, I HAVE been abused. I have to say that I agree with what
these folks are saying to the extent of ignoring it. As my mother
once had a T-shirt that said, "Don't let the *******s get you down."
YOU have the power to not read the posts. If you allow yourself to
be hurt by petty name calling, you are allowing yourself to be a
victim. You can not be victimized if you will not allow it.

Being a victim is how looney validates her pathetic existence. Being
a victim allows her to avoid the responsibilites of day to day life.
Being a victim allows her to place blame everywhere except where it
is deserved.

I suppose I shall discover in time, if this is going to continue. One never
knows when another may begin the change needed. I have done what I can, and
will let time tell the rest. I have learned, the hard way, not to invest
too much of myself 'saving' other people. I share my story(ies) and what
worked for me. Where I am now, is miles from where I was 12 years ago. It
took 12 years to get here, but I am here. I can only act as a guide to
those willing to accept guidance. No more need be said. Or rather, I will
say no more.

Betsy
--
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with
ketchup.

I have been called cold hearted, and a bitch more often than
I can count; mostly by people who meet the profile of an abuser.
Mainly because I stand up for myself. They don't like it if they
can't hurt you. If it hurts your feelings, don't let them see it.
It took me awhile, but I got there. You can too. It's likely more
difficult for you because of the extent of abuse, and the mental
illness, but it is not impossible. You may think I am attacking
you, or assigning the blame to you, but actually this is an attempt
at empowerment. I will probably be criticized for it. I don't
really care. If you hear the meaning in my words, fine. If not, I
can do nothing more. Good Luck.

Betsy