Old June 29th 05, 04:20 PM
Stephanie

"Nikki" wrote in message
Stephanie wrote:
DH is building us a new deck out the back of our house. We live in a
raised ranch on a hill. So the deck is about 8' off the ground. To
save money, DH wants to use horizontal rails. What spacing would be
safe to ensure little toddleheads have no risk of getting through?
While nothing supplants supervision, I would rather be safe. *My*
reaction to the horizontal railing was that the spacing would be so
small as to eliminate the cost benefit to going horizonatal, and
would be terribly ugly. What do you all think?

They'd have to be so close a toddler toe wouldn't fit through or they'll
climb up and tumble over head first. I think I'd go verticle. ;-)

--
Nikki

I had not even thought of using it as a ladfder! Thanks both.