Old July 6th 06, 02:20 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Chookie

Default Second bout of mastitis -- what can I do about this?

In article .com,
"Carlye" wrote:

Second, what can I do to prevent this, other than making sure his latch
is good and my breasts are drained?

I think in the first place, I'd be a bit suspicious of his latch. Are you in
pain/discomfort at any time when he's feeding?

Secondly, I'd suspect that your bra is not a good fit. Did you buy it before
or after your milk came in? Most of us can survive on a 'best guess' bra, but
perhaps you can't, this time. It can be expensive to get one fitted, but
department stores may offer free fittings if you are lucky.

Thirdly, you might want to try lecithin supplements -- some people swear by
them.

Just as a tail-end question: are you very engorged, or still oversupplied with
milk? I've had this and will advise if you need it.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue