Old March 31st 05, 08:51 AM
Rambler

'Kate wrote:

You obviously couldn't follow the original conversation, got all
flustered, and attacked.

Oh well.. that's usenet for ya [sic].

rofl ... actually, what you should perhaps do is go back up-thread seven
posts when, to refute an argument, you wrote "I see that this is just
another "I'm right and you're a woman" posts." You lost right there.
The argument, credibility. You name it.

Your follow-on responses continued to drill nails in your coffin,
terminating with how anybody that can hold a conversation that you can't
follow or understand due to a lack of experience is an "angry man" -
disingenuous.

Nobody was calling you names, even though you had been doing it to a
variety of posters with a "there is intelligent life out there" and "the
person I origninally responded to seemed intelligent." You have a
problem with intelligence it seems. You're not very subtle, and you are
very sarcastic. I know. I can be very sarcastic as well.

You had a discussion going, but it seems you couldn't keep up, so
instead it appears you went down the "I'm smarter than you and you're
just plain not listening because you're angry" route. Hey, that's fine
- you can operate in your own world. The only one that loses is you.

But for your own personal growth, I would suggest that you pull your
head out of your back pocket and take a strong look at the statements
that you are making ... and see how they apply to you. Not just from a
discussion standpoint, but from your interaction on an intimate level as
well. I can now better understand your comment about perhaps never
getting married again.

It's tough when you've got limited experience (I'll figure that you're
in your early/mid 20's) but even my 10 year old daughter has learned
calm discussion in emotional situations. We just had one of those and
she came through with absolute flying colours over a period of several
days, even though she and I were on opposites sides of the discussion
and she ultimately got what (she thinks) she wanted.

Good luck Kate. I really think you'll need it.

Rambler