Old September 3rd 03, 10:52 PM
DGoree

Default peg perego pliko, the maclaren trek, and the combi.??

"Pamela Perkins" wrote,

i am trying to decid e which stroller to buy as my daughter has outgrown her
infant car seat at 5 months....

we are deciding between the peg perego pliko, the maclaren trek, and the
combi. Does anyone have any experience with any of these? I'd love some
feedback...

Also, in general, do you think it is necessary for a stroller to have a
tray in front of the child??

LOL. We bought our first stroller for Margaret this past summer when I was
facing two weeks of no-car-walking-everywhere-with-her and she had gotten just
too heavy for me to use the backpack and still hope to walk upright. It was a
$20 umbrella stroller from Target. No tray. Worked great.

She started out in the Baby Bjorn until she got too big for that and then I
carried her in the backpack until this past summer. I'm on the tall and strong
side but going the distance with a twenty-three-month-old on my back was beyond
my limits.

Why buy a stroller at all? Carrying baby is SO much more convenient and better
for both you and baby. And it is much, much, much easier when you travel, too.
I always pitied other parents in the airport as they wrestled with
gate-checking their strollers while I just walked right on board with my baby.

We did have a hand-me-down stroller with the boys and I have to admit it came
in handy when I had a two-year-old and an infant. (Will in the stroller and
Matthew in the sling if I really needed to go shopping.) The only thing more
inconvenient than an SUV stroller is a double stroller IMO.

Mary Ellen
William (8)
Matthew (6)
Margaret (2)