Old September 15th 03, 10:29 PM

Default Yellowish discharge??

"Jody Pellerin" wrote in message
I just started experiencing a yellowish... almost some what greenish some
what stretchy discharge. it wasn't much but I noticed it. My period is due
in less then a week and I'm wondering what this is. I'm really concerned
about it.

I routinely have this type of discharge near the end of my cycle. Since I
know that I get it and it clears up on its own, I don't take medication for
it. You have natural "flora and fauna" in the vagina and the balance
between bacteria and yeast can be a fragile one, so it may be a normal shift
in the balance soon to go away. However, Shannon was right, this could be a
sign of infection (any green or yellow mucus is a warning sign of infection,
whether its sinus or vaginal!). If you've never had this before or are
having any other symptoms (fever, itching, discomfort), check with your
doctor. Do not just take over-the-counter yeast infection medication,
because it could easily be a bacterial infection, so that medication could
make it worse.

Amy