Old February 4th 04, 09:20 PM
Stephanie Stowe

Default Is there an equation ?

"Ian" wrote in message

"Sophie" wrote in message
Wow, lucky for our kids we're not so selfish or materialistic. Or

clueless
about what it's like to have more than one child.

Why is it selfish to stick with one? I like my free time, more money.

Those
things are important to me. Is it selfish to want to be happy? Usually

when
people start name calling its because they are jealous. And I do come from

family of 4 siblings, so I am MORE than aware of what its like.

Well, I am not speaking to anything that is directly in evidence here. But I
get the *sense* that you parenting vision tends to focus to such a degree on
how difficult, expensive ... parenting is and how much you *sacrifice* and
whatnot that you may be missing some of the joy of parenthood. What I am
trying to say is that the joy that COMES from parenthood increases with
multiple children at a greater rate than the effort of their upbringing.

One of my personal biases is to regard people who want the luxury associated
with money as being shallow and selfish people. I recognize this as a bias
of mine. But there it is. I cannot understand having money as a priority
when there are so many truly important things in life.