Old February 4th 04, 09:55 PM
Stephanie Stowe

Default Is there an equation ?

"Ian" wrote in message

"Nan" wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 21:43:59 -0600, toto
wrote:

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 22:24:09 -0000, "Ian" wrote:

"toto" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:33:43 -0500, Nan wrote:

An assumption to be sure, but not without some merit, imo.

Note he says he is 26 - and he said he *chose* to have this child at
such a young age.

We chose to have our son as in we chose not to abort when faced with a
surprise pregnancy. We didn't get married till he was 3. We didn't set

out
to have a baby at 18 and 17. But he is here now. I know we are young,

but we
are glad to have him.

You don't sound glad to have him though.

No, he doesn't, does he?
He has had very little positive to say about his son. It's all been
pretty negative and about how tired they are.
Oh, and how he's looking forward to their later 30s so they can
finally have *their* time.

I am glad to have him truly. But what is wrong with wanting your
independence back? Don't you guys dream of Sunday morning lie ins??

But you CAN. The thing is, it is all or nothing for you. You want to stay up
late AND sleep in late AND you cannot have a babysitter AND you cannot have
a neighbor sit AND you cannot sleep with your son up AND you cannot sleep
with your wife up. You have too many requirements to be happy, with or
without kids. You just happen to be blaming it on having a kid.

Like I
said before, when he was 3 I considered a vasectomy. I found it so trying
having a 1 - 3 yr old. Now at 8, things are easier, and he is a fun guy to
be around, but it is the thought of those awful baby and toddler years

that
put me off having another.

I do not remember the awful baby and toddler years. Maybe I missed them? Oh
wait, I could not have. I HAVE a baby.

Maybe its because you all have little kids. Its only when you are out of

it
that your truly realise how taxing it was.

That's absurd. It is a matter of attitude and focus. You chose to focus on
how difficult it is, woe is you. You COULD chose to focus on how fun and
rewarding your life is. Then, loe and behold, you might find that it is not
that taxing.