Old June 21st 07, 06:29 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Boliath

Default No Wrap Shower

beyond the pale wrote:
"Boliath" wrote
Welches wrote:

I tried that with #2. We received so much for #1-she was the first of the
next generation on both sides, and we moved area just before she was born
and we got presents from the old area and the new area.
I tried dropping the hint with #2, but instead we received two presents
from everyone-something for #1 and something for #2.

That's sweet. I hope people remember my son when this baby arrives. I do
try to get a gift for the other children if I'm buying for a new baby

I always do this- when I take a baby gift over to a new baby, I always get
the older siblings something to. I'm the youngest so I wouldn't know, but
it's probably hard for a kid to adjust when suddenly there's a new little
one around getting all the attention and gifts.

I'm the 6th of 9 kids, I remember being angry about my little brother
who is 3 years young than me, but the 2 that came after him didn't
bother me until they were older and everyone kept going on about how
cute they were and I felt like a big lug in the corner, maybe it was
because they were girls close together and they were very cute. My Mum
brought home gifts from the baby to all the older kids but everyone's
Mum had babies frequently back there and back then so a new baby in the
house was the norm rather than a big deal.