Old May 14th 08, 05:40 PM posted to misc.kids
Beth Kevles

Default my 6 year old poops his pants

Hi --

I know that some people think the method I outlined (not my own method,
by the way, but one that's recommended by many pediatricians) is
micro-managing, but really, it's about emptying a distended bowel so
that the child can get back to whatever elimination schedule is normal
for him or her. If the source of the problem is NOT a distended bowel
triggered by witholding, then of course, this solution could make the
problem worse. But if the source of the problem IS what I've outlined,
then you this is the recommended course of action.

The $1000 question, of course, is just what IS the source of the
problem. And that's why it's important to check in with your child's
doctor before treating.

--Beth Kevles
-THE-COM-HERE

NOTE: No email is read at my MIT address. Use the GMAIL one if you would
like me to reply.