Old November 22nd 07, 05:50 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

Default child support review objection

"Sarah Gray" wrote in message
Gini wrote:
"Sarah Gray" wrote
teachrmama wrote:
"Sarah Gray" wrote
Chris wrote:
Indeed! There exists not a SINGLE CP (mother) who is willing to swap
positions with the NCP (father). Why? Because they know that they are
RIPPING OFF the NCP. That's why! Yet they continue to foolishly
proclaim
that they are being "FAIR".

Maybe some of these CP's actually enjoy spending time with their
children.
As opposed to my ex, who told me today that he will not be coming up
to spend a few days with our daughter this weekend as planned, but
instead will be coming later next week. He says it's "not safe" for
him to make an eight-hour drive alone, so he's waiting until his dad
is driving up later in the week.
She is really disappointed that she can't stay with him while he is
here, just spend a few hours after school
Oh, but Sarah, what is more important? Spending time with dad (and
ditching school) or going to school and having limited time with dad?
chuckle (tongue in cheek)
I just hope he *does* come up next week, because she has really been
looking forward to see him. I have a folder full of pictures and
"letters" she insisted she had to give him in person.

==
Did you tell him that? There were times I had to "prompt" my ex to get
his butt in gear.
Some men just don't understand how their words/actions affect the kids. I
had to prompt my ex when we
lived together to understand the child's needs/feelings from time to
time. No different after the split.

I told him. He is upset that I have not mailed anything, but she has been
insistent on saving stuff to give to him in person. The thing is, he
insists that he wants to be this great dad, and that it's killing him that
he "had" to move. But it's not as if there is a shortage of $9 an hour
jobs here. And, frankly, if I were in his position, I would have already
been doing what I could to have visited her a number of times already. I
suggested renting a car and said that I would help with gas, and he came
up with the above response (he doesn't have a car of his own).

It doesn't sound as if he has quite developed the knack of taking
responsibility for his own choices yet. Do you have a video camera? Maybe
seeing a video ov his daughter would motivate him to come up more often.