Old January 25th 04, 12:41 AM
Michelle J. Haines

Default washing cloth diapers? - Chinese prefolds

In article , k3_e81
@yahoo.com says...

Thanks to all who replied (and will reply). These diapers are 100%
cotton, 4X8X4 Chinese prefolds. Seems that weebees method is overkill
- they wash poopy diapers 1X in cold, then add peed dipes, and wash
twice - once in warm, once in hot - all with washing soda and
detergent. But they don't soak the pooped ones, so that may be why.
Interesting how there are so many methods out there!

I run everything through a presoak and rinse in cold water. (If
we're in the solid foods phase, I'll probably add a second cold water
rinse in here.) Then I wash everything on hot water. Then I put in
some vinegar for a final rinse. I've found that without the vinegar,
the first set or two of diapers may not have any odors, but it will
build up and the other clothes will start to have a slight odor, too.
It's much more pronounced in the solid food phase, of course.

Michelle
Flutist

--
Drift on a river, That flows through my arms
Drift as I'm singing to you