Old January 13th 04, 05:38 PM
toto

Default Sleeping baby on different level?

Piggybacking as I missed the original post.

Is there any reason why the baby's room cannot be the upstairs
one and the downstairs one can't be the adult bedroom once you
do have a baby?

Is this only a two bedroom home? If not, why not use one of
the other bedrooms that are on the same level as the master
bedroom as the baby's room?

Is there any reason why you would not have a bassinet or
crib in the master bedroom or cosleep with your infant
for at least early infancy? My kids slept in a bassinet right
next to our bed until they were around 6 months old and
co-sleeping with the baby in your bed is more common now
than it was when mine were born.

Will you stay in this house forever? If it is a starter house,
you may want to upgrade once you have children anyway.

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:13:30 -0500, wrote:

In article
boutparenting.com,
says...
We are considering purchasing a home where the master bedroom is on the upper floor,
but the room that would eventually be a baby's room is on the ground level, near the
house's main entranceway.

If we were to purchase this house and eventually have a baby, we would obviously
child-proof stairs and doorways, etc. and have a baby monitor in our room once it
begins sleeping in this other room downstairs.

Should we be concerned about this distance between the rooms at night when we are both
asleep? Or am I just being paranoid? Is it really much different than being in your
living room downstairs from a napping baby?

It's no more than a 10-15 second run between the rooms. Is a baby monitor sufficient
safeguard or are there other options?

Any experience with this sort of situation would help me tremendously....I'm a pretty
conflicted on this one. we have only until tomorrow (tues.) to seal the deal.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits