Old September 14th 03, 05:35 AM
Lori

Default # of ultrasounds--question

I had one at 5 weeks at my RE office, one at 7 weeks because I had been
bleeding, one at 12 weeks because the dr could not find the heartbeat, one
at 18 weeks to do the measurements and one at 24 weeks because the u/s
machine was in the room and my 5 year old was asking the dr how it worked so
he showed her what her sister looked like.

Lori
"Nikki" wrote in message
annafine wrote:
I'm 35 weeks pregnant and have only had 2 ultrasounds. The first was
at 10 weeks and the second at 18 weeks. I've been asking my OB about
another, but she won't request one unless she feels it medically
necessary.

My question is, how many ultrasounds have you had, and when (# of
weeks) did you have them?

With #1 I had two. One at 12 weeks or so to date the pregnancy since the
AFP came back as high risk and another at 20 weeks.

With #2 I had four. One to date the pregnancy, one Level II due to
frightfully high risk AFP result, one regular one at 20 weeks, and one in
later pregnacy to assure everything was progressing OK as I had high blood
pressure.

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)