Old August 27th 04, 11:25 PM
Tori M.

Wouldn't it be wiser just not allow this surgery as a parents choice
unless there was a pre-existing condition that made it necessary?
Parents cannot choose any other unnecessary surgery for their child,
so why should circumcision be any different?

Of coarse you can. I have the option of having my daughters accessory thumb
removed and that would be totaly unnecessary. The extra thumb does not
effect her hand control or anything. if nothing else I guess you could make
the arguement that the extra nail on her hand makes it more likely that she
could scratch herself.

I WOULD have had this removed if we could have done it before she turned 1.
As time went on every dr suggested a later and later age and by the time she
can have it done I would rather just let her make up her own mind about this
one. She is now 2 1/2 and would hate to do anything to make her hand
unusable for any amount of time..

Tori