Old April 19th 04, 07:13 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Default Contraction Timer?

Chaneski wrote:

hi,

My wife is due... well, any day now... and while I feel perfectly confident to
time her contractions with my wris****ch, I wonder if there isn't something
better out there. I had an idea for a timer that would log the length of, say,
10 contractions in a row, so that I could measure progress. I figured they
must be out there already, but a google search has been fruitless. (Lots of
pages about "first-timers" and their pregnancies.

I DID find available software for PDAs that does exactly what I want. But I
don't have a PDA.

Whoops, I was going to suggest that until I got to this
sentence :-/

I don't know of any other times such as you described,
but I will offer up another suggestion: be prepared for the
possibility that it will be neither necessary nor desirable
to time the contractions too closely ;-) I probably would
have choked my husband if he were hanging around timing me,
though I'll admit I'm more hands off than some while in labor.
After three births, I've never done anything more than idly
glance at the clock on occasion, and my husband hasn't timed
anything ;-)

Best wishes,
Ericka