Old April 19th 04, 08:07 PM
Welches

Default Contraction Timer?

Chaneski wrote in message
hi,

My wife is due... well, any day now... and while I feel perfectly

confident to
time her contractions with my wris****ch, I wonder if there isn't

something
better out there. I had an idea for a timer that would log the length of,

say,
10 contractions in a row, so that I could measure progress. I figured

they
must be out there already, but a google search has been fruitless. (Lots

of
pages about "first-timers" and their pregnancies.

Believe me: The last thing your wife wants to hear when she's in labour is
"hang on a minute while I time the next ten contractions". Measuring
progress may have its place but you may also find the emotional support for
your wife is much more helpful. It's not a scientific exercise!

I DID find available software for PDAs that does exactly what I want. But

don't have a PDA. I'm pretty sure I've even seen a timer like the one I'm
looking for on TLC's "A Birthing Story", but it was only a partial view

and
they didn't mention the timer at all.

Does anyone know where I can find a birthing timer? Does anyone know how

I can
interest Texas Instruments in making a birthing timer and cutting me in

for the
profits?

I'm sure there will be a few people out there with too much money to spend
that might buy one-along with the baby wipe warmer I've heard about.
Debbie