Old May 2nd 07, 03:31 AM posted to alt.atheism,alt.abortion,alt.anarchism,alt.politics,misc.kids
Jeff

Default Children Thrive When Parents Follow Religious Beliefs

wrote in message
oups.com...

I think this sounds pretty biased as studies go. While there might be
instances of better behavior in religious familes, I doubt that this
is predomenantly the case. From what I have seen, it just doesn't seem
to be the case.

When I was coaching kids on a church soccer team (the church also had a
school) in a public league (the church fielded about 1 of 8 teams in various
age-groups), the kids were really well behaved compared to the other teams I
have coached in the same city (actually, the only other teams that I coached
where the kids were as well behaved was in Harlem and young teams 1st and
2nd grade).

Yet, I would think that some atheist families would score high. I know one
family where the parents are not practicing, and the family is great.

Jeff