Old June 9th 05, 12:15 PM
Werebat

Moon Shyne wrote:
"Werebat" wrote in message
news:lDLpe.28704$iU.23146@lakeread05...

I'd be fine with that if the wording didn't imply that the father is the
only parent who is financially responsible for the child, and/or if Mom
also had some document she were required to sign in order to get her name
on the birth certificate

Think about this one - there's no question who the mother is, because the
child came out of her body, in front of all those witnesses. Therefore,
there is no necessity for her to acknowledge maternity - it's quite obvious
she is the mother.

It's the came concept as in Judaism - if the mother is Jewish the child is
considered to be Jewish - because you always know who the mother is.

Oh, I just recognized the handle. That explains a lot.

Moon, you aren't paying attention. I'm not upset that Mom doesn't have
to claim maternity. Obviously that would be silly.

affidavit of paternity that upset me -- the implications that Dad is the
ONLY one financially responsible for the child.

I suppose that might seem paranoid to you -- and I would have thought
so, too, before I had my dealings with CSE and the Family Court System.
Their manner of dealing with fathers breeds paranoia. That's a
consequence of their attitudes and actions that we will ALL have to deal
with until some changes are made.

- Ron ^*^