Old July 23rd 03, 05:19 AM

Default help me keep my son from perpetuating the cycle of abuse (very long)

Betsy wrote:

Okay, I HAVE been abused. I have to say that I agree with what
these folks are saying to the extent of ignoring it. As my mother
once had a T-shirt that said, "Don't let the *******s get you
down." YOU have the power to not read the posts.

I never said it was your fault. You read that into it.

oh. I guess that is what I am used to hearing from some of the longtime
regulars here. I just took a trip down memory lane on google.com (the
newsgroup archive that goes back years and years of everything we post
online) and I read with horror how most of the time that I have posted here
I have been ganged up on by some real jerks that used to post here who
pretty much were a "clique" and labeled me the dysfunctional group
scapegoat. It's a role I am used to as I was the family scapegoat, my
family was very abusive and I was the threat, I was the one who kept
pointing it out and I was the one who made my mom do something about it. No
wonder she hates me. So I have this thing about being told to keep quiet or
to ignore anything resembling abuse or injustice. Even though in most
cases ignoring is the most effective way to deal with bullying or "trolling"
behavior.

My YWCA advocate is funny. She said, "never wrestle with pigs. You get
dirty and the pigs like it."

Basically,
however you control your reaction to it.

The root of the serenity prayer. I get it.

I don't think anything I
say will make a difference. You have your belief system. I hope it
works for you. I was sharing what works for me. Good Luck

Betsy

Thank you for your persistence with me. you are brave, LOL.