Old April 23rd 04, 04:45 PM
Clisby

Default Bedrest in first trimester?

Donna Metler wrote:
I just had a home pregnancy test turn up positive on Tuesday, and started
spotting Wednesday night. Thursday, my OB confirmed the pregnancy, and sent
me home with orders to stay in bed with my feet up, and come in for a second
pregnancy test on Monday, to see what the hormone levels are doing. I am
approximately 4 weeks at this point. According to him, usually this is just
"normal implantation bleeding" and doesn't neccesarily indicate an early
miscarriage.

My question is-does this mean I'm going to be stuck on bedrest through the
entire pregnancy? I'm already considered to be high risk because I lost one
baby to HELLP syndrome, and I knew I might end up on bedrest in the mid
second trimester, but I never expected anything so early-I'm already bored
stiff after one day. (Although my husband moving the computer helps), and I
think 8 months of this will drive both my husband and I totally insane!

I don't know a thing about your bedrest question, but congratulations!
Fingers crossed, and all that.

Clisby