Old June 9th 04, 12:25 PM
R. Steve Walz

Holger Dansk wrote:

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 21:30:57 GMT, "R. Steve Walz"
wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote:

On 8 Jun 2004 07:09:10 -0700, (Dirk) wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote in message . ..

How does anyone think that it is right to not pronounce a lot of common
English words correctly?

Common English words like

Insurance
Umbrella
Install (commonly misused as a noun, btw)
Nuclear

...?

You have to have some loose screws to believe
that.

I've yet to hear you complain about Southern mispronunciations of the
following words. I imagine you think that it's either

a) correct, even though the dictionaries I've consulted do not support
"INsurance," "UMbrella", INstall", "Nookyouluhr" or "Ah" even as
alternative pronunciations; or

b) a lovable part of your heritage/culture/yadda yadda.

In either case--why don't you cut the brothers some slack already.
Sheesh. So long as the grammar's ok I don't really care if an
occasional "th" sound comes out like an "f", f'rinstance (a dialect
oddity some black Americans happen to share with Cockneys). Why do
you?

Because I know how bad it sounds and how black people have such low
incomes, and that they could get better jobs if they would speak
correctly, dress correctly, sit and stand correctly, and walk correctly,
etc. Their lives would be so much better.

Holger

--------------
So if they did, then you mean, basically, that then superficial
human **** such as yourself and your few friends might very well
love them a lot more, eh? Now again!: Why in the WORLD would
they possibly actually WANT that?????!!

That's the problem. They don't seem to want good jobs and the good
life. They just want the "govmint" to give them money all the time.

-----------------------------
Nonsense. You really just don't even GET what is going on.
They are convinced that NO MATTER WHAT they do that white society
will find a way to deprive them. They are fully aware that for the
last century or more, blacks have worked the hardest in our society,
did the most grueling jobs, and never got anywhere! Are you deluded
enough to imagine they will trust you now?? They see it as one more
phony hoop to jump through you have devised to delay them, and they
hate you.

You need a more intelligent analysis, the problem is that you're
mentally incapable of devising one.
Steve