Old October 11th 05, 02:20 AM
bizby40

Default playdates for 4yo

"P. Tierney" wrote in message
news:x%D2f.474014$xm3.313769@attbi_s21...

"Catherine Woodgold" wrote in message

"bizby40" ) writes:
I wouldn't have left my child with a family I didn't know at that age.
Kindergarten seems to make a world of difference. That said, you
can ask and the worst that can happen is that they'll say no.

That is not the worst that can happen. The worst that can
happen is that the dad comes over and gives toypup unwanted
attention.

the sound of my head exploding

P. Tierney

lol -- yeah, every once in a while I get amazed at how some of
the women on this group are so afraid of men. This is a married
dad of a pre-schooler -- the chances of him trying to make time
with some mom on their kids' first playdate has got be
incredibly slim.

FWIW, I've never felt that way. I've had plenty of dad's drop
off and pick up. I've left my girl child at a SAH dad's place,
and though I've never spent the entire playdate at his house,
we do usually chat at the beginning or end of the playdate, and
the chat can go a half-hour sometimes.

Bizby