Old August 17th 03, 02:58 PM
Cheryl S.

Default Birthing Center Closing UPDATE

Vijay wrote in message
om...
Here is the press release from the Elizabeth Seton
Web site (www.birthcenter.org). They are also doing
an online petition and there is information on a letter
writing campaign if anyone is interested.

I just wanted to express how saddened I am to read this. I saw a birth
at this birth center on A Baby Story once and it did look so wonderful.
I am deeply upset by the power of insurance companies to eliminate
women's choices on how to give birth. I can't understand why a
malpractice insurer wouldn't want to cover birth centers and midwives,
since they are sued less often than OBs and hospitals. It stinks.
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 4 mo.

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.