Old August 10th 05, 09:41 AM
Ilse Witch

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 21:57:32 +0100, Sidheag McCormack wrote:

...it really does seem to be true that the breastfeeding hormones
released during a feed help you to relax and sleep. Apparently a
breastfeeding mother can reach the deepest level of sleep much faster
than normal, so you get the maximum benefit from the sleep you do get.

That was definitely true in my case. Both DS and myself would fall asleep
after nursing, no matter where we were. Nursing releases a hormone that
helps you relax and fall asleep (forgot which one it was, oxytocine or
serotonine).

I would nurse DS while lying down during the first weeks, so we could both
sleep comfortably. I'd put the changing pillow next to my own, so I only
needed to move him by a foot to make sure he would be sleeping in a safe
place, and we could both drift off.

--
--I
mommy to DS (July '02)