Old March 13th 06, 11:04 PM posted to misc.kids

Default Question for religious parents

R. Steve Walz wrote:
wrote:

One's personal faith can be Christian, and one's preferred way of
knowing stuff about reality can be scientific method, with no
conflict between the two.

-----------------------------
An absolutely stupid lie. Truth is of one cloth. Religion is lies
and confabulated bull**** about things no one can possibly know,

Beliefs are things one takes to be true. One can hold them for any
reason, or for no reason at all. One might argue that it's generally
better to have empirical reasons for believing things -- in fact, I
would argue that -- but again, I am not talking about having reasons.
I'm just saying that belief is an attitude about a proposition about
the world.

Nonsense, faith is NON-reason. Pure faith can believe in anything,
and that is belief in Evil, since it has no reasoned basis and so
invariably must contradict reason!!

Everyone has some unjustified beliefs that they take on faith. Or else
you think that it's evil to believe in the evidence of your senses...?

Consider: all that data could be sent to you by an evil neuroscientist
who had your brain preserved in a vat and hooked up to a computer. How
do you know you're not just a brain in a vat?

--
C, mama to three year old nursling