Old December 3rd 03, 03:08 AM
Joelle

Default Dr. Phil

es. Should mothers be
closer to children and fathers more or less superfluous?

Obviously fathers are not superfluous but I will say and this is only one
experience, my husband stayed home and took care of the kids, but there were
days when my son was a baby where he would cry all day long and would not be
comforted until I came home. He would cry as soon as I picked up the keys to
leave (this is at 3 months old!) and he would stop crying when I came in the
house. It was really horrible...my husband felt terrible and I don't think he
was incompetent or mean to the kid, I think the baby just wanted his mama. I
think young babies need mama's in a way that men can't fulfill. It was bad
enough to convince me to rearrange things so that when I had my daughter I was
home more.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle