Old February 5th 06, 05:57 PM posted to alt.child-support

Default Confused About County DCSS Collection

William Barger wrote:

Personally I would continue sending the money to DCSS. You will get the
money back since there are no arrearages. Taking a chance the state has
it right is a gamble I would be unwilling to take. Sending it directly
to you ex doesn't sound like a good idea. Kudos for taking your
responsibility seriously.

Twice in one day that I agree with Barger. Amazing.

The State is trying to play a game with you to bleed you for a few last
dollars of C$ before your obligation ends and you are cut out of their
Satanic web. Don't let them win. They are lying to you in order to
trick you into getting back into their clutches, just as you suspect.

Send them the money right up until the child's 18th birthday, then hire
a lawyer (you always have to hire a lawyer), get yourself physically
back to the courtroom, and have a judge verify that you no longer need
to pay. Bring a notary public of your own and have him stamp the
judge's declaration that you no longer have an obligation. Make sure
you get the original copy.

Then, when you get the order in the mail a few weeks later, read over it
carefully to make sure that CSE's lawyers didn't "insert" anything that
the judge didn't authorize them to. This happened to me when my own CS
case was evaluated a couple years ago, and it took months to straighten
out (I had to threaten to report the offending lawyer to the state bar).

- Ron ^*^