Old July 21st 05, 09:33 AM
teachrmama

wrote in message
oups.com...
I had a daughter 3 years ago out of wedlock with a married guy who lied
to me and stopped supporting the child early this year after requiring
a paternity test that I found insulting.

Why? Why did you find it insulting? If he lied to you about being married,
he obviously feels that lying is an acceptable thing, and felt that you
might have lied to him about the paternity of the child--just as he had lied
to you about being married. If you knew he was married, then, obviously,
you found nothing wrong with deceiving his wife, so why wouldn't he be
concerned about the possibility that you had deceived him?

Now I am taking him to court and want some advice.

1- I don't know anything about his income and worried he might not
provide suitable financial information. I don't have his social
security number. Can he hide income to court?

What kind of income do you think he might be hiding? Do you know where he
works? Do you think he has income beyond his salary? Did you get to know
him well enough to answer these questions?

2- I currently live in Texas and wonder if going to court in New York
is best. My understanding is that if I am married, the state of texas
won't require any child support. Also will he sue me in Texas if I am
go to court in New York where the kid was born? he currently lives
himself in Florida which brings me to the custody question.

So you are married now? And your husaband is unable to earn enough money to
support the family? (That is really sad)

Have you been looking at state guidelines, and you think you will get a
bigger CS award in New York? I surely hope that is not what you are doing.
That sounds like greed--not need! You live in Texas. Your daughter lives
in Texas. Why would you even think of going to another state to file?

3- My daughter is only 2 and half years old. Can he win in custody case
and take the child away from me? Does share custody makes any sense
since we live in two differents states?

If he can prove that he is a fit father with a stable family life, and you
are an unfit mother, he might just be able to do that. But it doesn't sound
as if that is something he is interested in. Has he mentioned that he wants
custody? Or visitation? You do want dad to be a major part of your
daughter's life, don't you?

4-I work non-W2 work and don't file tax return. How much will the judge
use as income when determining child support? in New York

Ummm--you're not saying that you want to be able to hide income, are you?
You don't want him to hide his, but you want to hide yours? Does that
strike you as fair? Why do you think that your income shouldn't be used?
You say that you are insulted by his demanding a paternity test--yet here
you are wondering if your income needs to be submitted, since it can't be
traced via income taxes. Are you planning to teach your daughter these
sterling character qualities? Please don't try to tell me that you want to
get every penny you can for the good of your child--because living with
greed and dishonesty will undo any possible good a few extra dollars might
provide.