Old August 27th 06, 04:45 AM posted to alt.child-support
I Hate Spam

Default CS update

They steal your tax refunds every year and you overpay by a grand every
year?! That's HORRIBLE. This is the first year that I've been stolen from
and, regardless of the court order telling them to stop, along with letters
from my attorney, LA County REFUSES to do so. I did get some help from my
assemblyman but, because I've now taken the LA Co. monsters to court, the
"legal system" takes precedence (try not to laugh).

In dealing with my situation, someone posted the following at:
http://www.lawguru.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=236

PART 303_STANDARDS FOR PROGRAM OPERATIONS--Table of Contents
45CFR Sec. 303.100(a) (8)

The State must have procedures for promptly refunding to noncustodial
parents amounts which have been improperly withheld.

http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2...cfr303.100.htm

I'm still looking into how to get my money back (my attorney says I probably
won't) but I'm trying. Hope that helps.

Visit Los Angeles County Child Support Services Department Sucks today! -
http://www.lacochildsupport.org

"Simpledog" wrote in message
They already take my tax refund, mostly because they can't count. So,
every year, I over pay about a grand in the current CS order.

Is it worth fighting in court? My ex has a REAL hard time respecting my
visitation. I wonder if this is the time to deal with that as well.