Old March 20th 04, 12:19 AM
Carol Ann

Default Sore Nipples! Ssssss Ow ow ow

::: I haven't read the other threads yet, but was wondering if you had
posted
::: your "breastfeeding experience" from the beginning?
::
:: You're scheduled for a c-section, right? Okay. I had a c-section
:: (actually this was my 2nd c-section) so remember that I am a pro now!
:: LOL! :-D

No, no c section scheduled. I hope I don't have to go that route.

:: Be prepared to have your little one almost permanently attached to you
:: for the first day or two. Isabella must have been nursing for 20 out of
:: the first 24 hours. Have dh stay in the room with you so he can help
:: position you in the bed and help you visit the bathroom.
::
:: It is very important to get up and moving as soon as you can after a
:: c-section. It might take you 5 minutes to get to the bathroom but it is
:: important. Moving gets the oxygen-rich blood to your incision which
:: helps promote healing.
::
:: I brought from home some very firm pillows to place the baby upon while
:: nursing. I slept sitting up for the first week as well. It is pretty
:: easy to nurse and sleep if you are sitting up.
::
:: I also have of those bed-chair pillows. I still use it at night.
::
::: Which lanolin cream are you using? My EDD is Monday! Wahoo!! I missed
the
::: Breastfeeding class at the hospital so I'm learning what I can here.
::
:: The lanolin I am using is Lansinoh.
::
:: Ask questions here!!! I'm almost positive I could have avoided a lot of
:: grief with Katerina if I had known about this place. Learn as much as
:: you can before you go on Monday.
::
:: Remember, just because a hospital labels itself "Breastfeeding Friendly"
:: doesn't necessarily mean it is! I turned down 2 offers of formula
:: supplementation for Isabella that first night (so I could "get some
:: rest, dear") in a so-called "Breastfeeding Friendly" hospital.
::
:: Ask! Ask! Ask!
::
:: --