Old April 27th 08, 02:11 PM posted to alt.child-support
TNK

Default Compromise of Arrears Program (COAP) in California

Anybody have experience with the Compromise of Arrears Program in
California?

http://www.childsup.ca.gov/ChildSupp...3/Default.aspx

There are additional links on the page.

For example:
I am 55 years old, "owe" more than $50,000 in arrears. I have a court order
from December 2007 to pay $100 a month toward arrears in a wage garnishment.
I now have physical custody since August 2007 of three minor children - 17,
15, 13 - in PA. The original case where the support was filed is California
in late 1997.

I am looking for a way to clear the credit reports so I can get the 17 year
old to college. Most of the loans I apply for are being turned down because
of this.

Just looking for opinions or experience, personal or professional.

TNK