Old November 19th 03, 08:53 PM
Cathy Weeks

Default infant and new carpet?

"Jay" wrote in message .com...
I am getting a new carpet in my new apartment sometime early next week. Lets
say, I will have 3 days between the new carpet installation and baby
crawling on it.

Q. I have heard concerns about new carpet fumes being harmful to infants,
etc.. I am wondering if it is really "harmful" or just offensive odor. Is
this something I should be concerned about? Any tips will be helpful too.

I have heard this too. I would suggest the following: thoroughly
vacuuming it several times (even though it's new) and leaving as many
windows open and fans on as you can stand during that 3 days between
installation and baby crawling on it.

It can't hurt.

Cathy Weeks
Mommy to Kivi Alexis 12/01