Old March 28th 04, 04:29 PM
Crystal Dreamer

Default Irritable Uterus

CY wrote:
I had it in my pg, but I also have an irritable bladder and irritable
bowel too so it didn't come as a surprise to me. I started
contractions at 25 weeks (about every 7 minutes) and was on bed rest
and terbutaline until 36 weeks at which point I thought I'd go in to
labor spontaneously. I delivered a healthy (big 8lb 14oz) girl 2
days before my EDD but spent the 4 weeks prior to that having pretty
regular and painful ctx (but with no cervical change until the week
prior to my delivery). Mine felt like the pain you get when
constipated - in fact when it started that's what I thought it was.
When I called my OB and described the pain she sent me to L&D triage
and I got monitored. Major PIA and is the one thing that is making
me hesitate to get pg with my second. Good luck. I hope you are
able to get some answers. Are you going to switch from your
insensitive doctor to a new one??

CY

It's great to know that a happy ending is possible, unlike what my doctor
said. Thanks so much! I can understand your hesitation to try again.

I am trying to get a referral to another doctor, but so far no luck. I'm
not giving up though!